AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to put things together on my HT set-up. One of my pet peeves for HT is the complication of cables, which seem archaic to me in our digital world. Anyway, after looking around, I feel like my new system may have a glaring hole in it. This is what I plan to build:

Sanyo Z2 projector

Direct TV HD Sat receiver (with PVR, 2 tuner HD, DVI)

HTPC for use as a DVD player and as part of a home network

- media center, Radion 9800, Powerstrip, Theater Tek

DVI switch

Denon 3803 (probably)

Def Tec speaker set

I'm hoping to get away with using only 3 DVI cables (From sat and HTPC to switch and from switch to projector), two toslink cables to connect to the Receiver, and speaker wire.

Am I missing something? Would a system this simple be worthwhile.

Thanks,

Luke

·
Registered
132 Posts
A pair of $5.00 cheapo pc speakers with your Z2 projecting HD content would be worthwhile. The picture will be spectacular.

I have a Z1 hooked up to a low end onkyo receiver and a patchwork of old speakers from Klipsch and pinnacle and I consistently blow my guests away. The big myth is that home theater requires the state of the art in electronics. Because of low pj costs, you can get fantastic results for $3000.00 for all your electronics, including the pj, receiver, 5 speakers, a sub, a dvd player and an hd tuner.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm not familiar with the speakers or what that Denon receiver costs, but this sounds like a typical setup for a lot of people with a Z2 or similar projector. Or anyone with a tv that cost around $2000 for that matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.