AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I would like to know if this setup would I be able to record up to 576p or even 480p?

Some extra info:

Philips DVDR3400 has component inputs

Philips DVDR3400 has a hdmi output but only can go to 576p

Philips DVDR3400 manual info says this:
HDMI Video Resolution

This feature is only applicable if you have connected a HDMI device. Select the video resolution depending on the capability of the connected HDMI TV/device: { 480i }, { 480p }, { 576i },{ 576p }.

That is why I'm asking if via this way the last time I had only a HDMI splitter with 2 outputs instead of 4 , so with 3 outputs and showing as it is in this way is it possible for me to go and record up through 576p, or the rule here is that what is stated into the component input itself 480i?

Because this also shows up into the manual:
Option 4: Using a HDMI cable

HDMI (High Definition MultimediaInterface) is a digital interface that allows

pure digital video transmission without the loss of image quality.
Note:

- Proper working is guaranteed with HDMI compliant products.

- When the HDMI cable is unplugged, the { HDMI Video Resolution } setting will automatically switch to default value.

So my conviction here is if the HDMI cable would be connected I would be able to get the 480p at least or upper video format!

Do tell me about this if it is something doable!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Standard DVD recorders don't record anything but Standard Definition video.

Whether your setup will work or not would be proven by you connecting a monitor/TV to the outputs of the recorder and seeing if you get picture and sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardT /forum/post/20811858

Looks to me like you have HDMI output from DVDR3400 connected to splitter output; why? Outputs connect to inputs.

I know they do Imy assumption is that even if the output was connected to another output the hdmi signal would be present on the options. and then the 480i 480p 576i 576p would be available into the component inputs when recording, but component inputs only allow 480i, so there is no way it would be able to work in this setup

As it was told already this won't work

thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.