AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting my HT finished. Yesterday the rug came and we were able to put the loveseat and counch in the room. The room dimension is 17 feet long by 11 feet wide. I am utilizing a riser in the rear for the loveseat. The couch is located in front of the riser facing the screen (92" wide).

I wired the room for 7.1 using 2 paradigm ADP170's(dipolar) on the rear sides and 2 Pinnacle Gold monitors (direct) on the rear wall. The tweaters on both sets are elevated 71" off the ground. However, the rear speakers are almost directly over the rear seating position. Because the have rear bass ports and are about 6 inches from the wall. The front seat is fine

I have not hooked up my gear but I am troubled with the rears that they will be too distracting for the rear seting position. I do realize that not many tracks utilize the 6 and seventh channel. And even if they do it is usually limited.

My question is whether the direct radiators will work in the room or should I get another ADP170 for the rear. When the room ( a remodel) only comprised of studs everthing seemed bigger. Now that I am putting it back together it is getting smaller.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Marty, It seems to me that you ought to just fire it up, calibrate it, and do some listening. Let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John,

As I was writing this I was thinking the same thing. I think after 6 months of work I guess I am paranoid that I screwed something up. I am almost dredding hooking up all my speaker wires fearing that I somehow cut/sliced them inside the wall.

I will let you know how things turned out. Then I can start adding something to this forum rather than taking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.