AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asincero /forum/post/14281566

I have an Athena Tech AS-P4100 subwoofer. Is a 50' sub-woofer cable too long?

The subwoofer make/model is not important. 50ft should work fine. Do you already have the cable? If not and you don't need one that long, order/buy a shorter one. If you already have it, what cable is it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/14281670

The subwoofer make/model is not important. 50ft should work fine. Do you already have the cable? If not and you don't need one that long, order/buy a shorter one. If you already have it, what cable is it?

Yes, I already have the cable. It's this cable from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

it's also going inside a wall, if that detail is relevant.

To be honest, I'd rather go with a shorter one as the 50' is much too long. I figured I'd just coil up the extra and stuff it at some convenient location inside the wall. But it doesn't seem very "clean" to me. However, 25' is too short. 35' is probably the sweet spot, but Monoprice has been out of stock of that length forever. I finally got tired of waiting and just went with the 50'.

But after I installed the 50' and saw how much extra cable there is, I started having second thoughts. Monoprice says they'll have the 35' in this Tuesday. Should I just wait the extra two days? I've been working on my home theater for about 6 months now (most of the time spent waiting on stuff to arrive in the mail and so forth). I guess I could probably wait an extra 2 days.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
That cable is perfect and 50' will be fine and you'll have some extra should you try and experiment with your sub's placement. Coiling the excess in the wall is fine, too. Use it and faggitaboutit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts