AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was looking for black friday specials for a 3D tv and came across this. I won't post links but here is the snipping from the site:

Quote:
If today's 3D TV deals haven't convinced you to buy, you just aren't looking hard enough. Here is another one to entice, on Samsung's UN46C8000 3D LED TV.

If you buy this 46-inch 3D TV, TigerDirect will throw in a free Samsung BD-C5900 Blu-ray 3D player, as well as Samsung's 3D Starter Kit. Did we mention that the TV is also on sale? Click on TigerDirect's product page, and you'll see that they've cut $1279.98 off the purchase price, making the total $2099.99. If you want to pocket a few extra bucks, enter coupon code JZP11920, and you'll save another $300. Check out the bundle here:

Any feedback would be great!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the equipment with that bundle copared to the above I posted? That looks like a sick deal! No pun intended! haha

Not sure if I can use a 58" that is huge! Is there another deal like that with a TV in the 46" range?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Anyone found any similar Black Friday deals for the Panasonic Vierra 3D TVs? Maybe Panasonic is waiting for the Avatar bundle to officially come out on December 1st though I see its already up and listed on EB. Also what is the deal on Panasonic's website stating that "select" past, present, and future Vierra 3D TV owners will get a free copy of the Blu-ray 3D Avatar disc? Some kind of drawing???

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV /forum/post/0

Anyone found any similar Black Friday deals for the Panasonic Vierra 3D TVs? Maybe Panasonic is waiting for the Avatar bundle to officially come out on December 1st though I see its already up and listed on EB. Also what is the deal on Panasonic's website stating that "select" past, present, and future Vierra 3D TV owners will get a free copy of the Blu-ray 3D Avatar disc? Some kind of drawing???

No but I found this deal for a samsung. I have the PN50C7000 and the 3d has great quality, of course it has the obvious ghosting issues that I've seen with all active glasses and ir emitters. Too bad I haven't found a decent solution for home viewing with passive glasses.

The ghosting I see is always when there is a negative parallax that is grater than say 26 pixels. But I'm guessing since this tv I've listed below it the flagship model from samsung it must have an even greater quality than my PDP.

US Appliance has 58" Samsung PN58C8000 1080p 600Hz 3D Plasma HDTV + Samsung BD-C5900 3D HD Blu-ray Disc Player + Samsung Shrek 3D Starter Kit $1999 when you follow the instructions below. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Add 58" Samsung PN58C8000 to cart

Add Samsung BD-C5900 to cart

Optional Upgrade: Samsung BD-C6800 3D HD WiFi Blu-ray Disc Player +$21

Add Samsung Shrek 3D Starter Kit to cart

Proceed to checkout

Enter full contact info (name, address, phone number, zip).

Apply $50 off code SDFIFTY

Total should be $1999 with free shipping

·
Registered
129 Posts
Chad, Sears has a very similarly priced Samsung complete package in the Black Friday ad, but it is with a 55" vs the 46". For virtually the same price, I'd make the room!

Edit: being in the market myself (plan to buy sometime before New Year's), I'm confused about the relative lack of marketing push on 3D for the biggest shopping weekend of the year. I'm hoping that the sales will come after this weekend....most likely will happen immediately after I buy.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad711 /forum/post/19542151

Hello I was looking for black friday specials for a 3D tv and came across this. I won't post links but here is the snipping from the site:

Any feedback would be great!!!

you won't be disappointed with this deal on the un46c8000. I got a similar deal this summer @ best buy but at a higher price than tiger direct. Remember that the 3d starter kit comes with Shrek 1-3 plus a voucher for shrek 4 in 3d

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cast&pray
Chad, Sears has a very similarly priced Samsung complete package in the Black Friday ad, but it is with a 55" vs the 46". For virtually the same price, I'd make the room!

Edit: being in the market myself (plan to buy sometime before New Year's), I'm confused about the relative lack of marketing push on 3D for the biggest shopping weekend of the year. I'm hoping that the sales will come after this weekend....most likely will happen immediately after I buy.
3DTVs are expensive. Take a look at what is being sold on BF:

http://www.tvpredictions.com/morewalmart111510.htm

Joe 6 Pack isn't buying a 3DTV.

·
Registered
JVC RS500U, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 11.2 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,269 Posts
Panasonic TCP50GT25 50" 3D Plasma, 3D Starter Kit & DMP-BDT100 Blu-Ray, includes Avatar 3D BD, and free shipping for $1499 with AFLPAN1499 code. That's pretty sweet deal too. A little smaller than the Samsung's, but less money too. I like the Panasonic plasma displays, so I went for this deal .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.