AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have all discussed concert dvd's on this forum before and The Eagles HFO is always prominent in those lists of "must have" music dvd's.

I'm sure most of us have heard the opening Hotel California track dozens of times. It's almost always used as a demo track in ht stores where salespeople stand there and attempt to dazzle potential buyers. I myself, am not that impressed with the mix of this track as it sounds a little unnatural to me.

HOWEVER, track 16 - "The Last Resort" is IMHO the best DST encoded song I have ever heard on dvd. I love the mix, the sound is awesome, the clarity just "sings" to me. Every time I listen to it I get goose bumps running up my arms and, sometimes, a tear in my eye.

Anyone else get this sort of emotion and feeling from a specific track?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I really like Rebel Yell on Billy Idol VH1 Storytellers. It's a very lean, acoustic version. Sounds like Billy & his guitarist, Steve Stevens, are right there in the room with you.

Regards

BB

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I like Tender Years on the Eddie and the Cruisers DVD.

I like Dancing in the Dark with the chick Bruce Springsteen pulled up on stage.

Eric Carmens Hungry Eyes is great on Dirty Dancing.

Do It Again is my favorite on The Beach Boys Endless Harmony.

White Rabbit is the greatest song Grace Slick sang for The Jefferson Airplane seen on the Jefferson Starship.

Philadelphia sounds good from Neil Young on his Gold and Silver.

Olivia Newton-John belted out Xanadu for the movie of the same name.

Neil Diamond sang his heart out on Love on the Rocks.

Is there a limit to this music lover heard on DVD discs? :)

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Suzanne Vega, Caramel, Sessions on West 54th DVD. An absolutely stunning demo track. Very revealing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Of course, my personal favorite on the Eagles: HFO disc is "Seven Bridges Road"...DTS only, and some good use of the surrounds to put you squarely in the audience.

Plus, the harmony on that song is simply wonderful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.