AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i just purchased myself an Onkyo Tx Sr 602 from J and R, Im lovin this thing so far. But my question is weather or not I really need a y splitter to hook up the subwoofer to the pre-out on the back of my receiver. If you don't already know, the DPs-10 has a L and R input for Line-level inputs. Right now im using only the left side, and things are sounding excellent so far, but im curious if i am missing anything without having the Right chanel plugged in. Thanks in advance for ur time and patience, i bet this question has been asked million times here before ;)

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
I used a Y and did notice an increase in output. Supposed to be 3db. YMMV

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
It will just raise the initial output level but it will not increase your maximum output. The real advantage is that it will allow the auto function to turn the sub on sooner. This is from Velodyne: The signal sensitivity of the auto on/off circuit can be altered by the input hookup. If you use both inputs (connected by a "Y" cable or splitter cable) the unit will see greater signal at the inputs and turn on at a lower signal level. With only one input connected the unit will require greater signal levels to turn on automatically.

Ian

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot!

P.s. in the title i meant "ideal" not idea lol

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I also have the dps-10 amd I am feeding both inputs with a y splitter and it does sound fuller , it's like using the loudness button on an avr. Lou

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.