Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brand New Sanyo PLC-XP200L, LCD Projector, 7000 Lumens

Item condition: --

Ended: Aug 08, 200919:08:07 PDT

Bid history: 24 bids

Winning bid: US $230.50

Already paid? Go to your eBay Bucks - Activity View to see your .

Shipping: FREE US Postal Service Priority MailSee more services See discounts | See all detailsEstimated delivery within 4-5 business days

Returns: 7 day money back, buyer pays return shipping | Read details

Coverage: Pay with and your full purchase price is covered | See terms

is the projector I won! After discount 15% coupon and 16.00 ebay bucks> 183.00. Now if it is only true

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Read it again make sure it isn't for the box of the projector and finally pay with paypal.....

Expect XXX (country that usually violates human rights but I don't want to list them and piss people off) rip-off -- be happy if you get the real deal

·
Registered
644 Posts
I would ask him for a pic of the projector with his ebay name and phone number written on a piece of paper attached to the machine. I would also ask for a pic of the serial number. Just say with so many frauds around it simply pays to be careful, so you know he will understand. I doubt you get it. If you do, then phone him and see how he sounds on the phone.

Then if he has a high rating and has sold a fair amount, you can try it through paypal. You can always get your cash back....in 6 months.

This worked for me when I won a $500 item for $75. He never replied to my request for a pic, and within two weeks I got an ebay alert not to deal with him.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The scum bag canceled the auction! I went ahead and paid before he backed out but he has not acepted the payment so I will get a refund in 10 day's
I new it was to good to be true but Ebay said I was 100% protected before I paid for it. At least the scumbag will have a negative mark. I emailed him and said I deserved compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
If he is a big seller (like hundreds of items) then mess with him more than that. You have a binding contract and he has to honor it. Write ebay and do a formal complaint. I would say that the fact that he cancelled the auction means he has the projector and was expecting a lot more for it.

·
Registered
644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1292 /forum/post/16980308

but Ebay said I was 100% protected before I paid for it.

You are protected, but you really have to jump through hoops to get your cash back. Ebay has all kinds of obscure rules and failure to follow them results in all kinds of fun times. If you haven't done the procedure before, it is definitely annoying and frustrating.

For example Ebay told me I had to file a complaint with PayPal. But PayPal said, no, first you have to contact Ebay, go through their system and then if they rule you are entitled to your cash, then you contact PayPal. No said Ebay, PayPal is the one protecting the cash, you need to file with them first to open the complaint. Oh, did I mention that if you don't communicate with them with the ORIGINAL email address you sign up with, they will talk to you, and provide information, but they will NOT take any action unless the one and only email address is used. Did I mention that they don't bother telling you they won't take action, they just do, ummm, nothing, waiting for your proper email complaint. Now if you have forgotten your password to that one and only email because you have since switched to another email, well, you can guess the fun that caused..............better not to have to ask for your cash back and I do anything possible to avoid that situation again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts