AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your blue tube looks fine. Some normal wear, but nothing to worry about.

Your green and red have burn in. I see a picture burnt in the face of the CRT. Do you see it on the screen using an all white picture and only use one color at a time? If so. Bad luck.

Hope this gave you some more information.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The Blue crt have wear(it is not too bad, but still significant wear). If a crt is not overdriven it will not get wear either. The two other tubes are difficult to judge by the picture.

I would not recommend theese crt's.

Per Johnny Ødegaard

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I think the images on the red and green are reflections but it's not easy to estimate the wear on those tubes due to the reflections and so on.

The red in the second pic looks ok but a better pic would help even more.

Have you looked at your own tubes with thelenses off? That would be a good thing to do so that you have a reference that you understand.

Good Luck,

Brian

ps don't mention that it's on ebay. Also, watch out on ebay there's people there that are a lot less helpfull than people you may meet here.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I have looked at my tubes for reference, and they all show slight wear (not noticable when projected). However, my green tube has a large portion of the "green" missing . . which projects a pinkish booger on the screen since there is no green being projected. So, I need a new green tube. I was thinking I could buy a non-working projector, pull out the green tube, and keep the rest for parts. Even a slightly worn blue seems to have some value.

Why not mention ebay ?? and I agree whole-heartedly about the help here vs the help on ebay comment.

THanks

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
HI,

I was just sort of kidding trying to make a joke about how you wanted to, in your words, steal it off ebay.

There are people here who will try to outbid you if it's a truly good deal. That's what auction is about. I just thought if people don't know it's on ebay then that's less likely to happen.

I remember a post about a guy here who asked about some deals only to have the deals taken from him. Just trying to look out for ya.

Hope that clears it up.

Good Luck,

Brian

Edit: Also my wording was strange, must be a lack of coffee. One thing I was trying to say is some people here, for example, Curt Palme, may be able to get you the spare parts you need. Maybe it would cost a little more but it's a lot safer in some ways. That's what I was trying to say with the "helpfull" comment. I'll go get coffee now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I've gotten a price from Curt and its fair and I know he is reliable. I was thinking that for maybe a $100 bucks more, I could have a complete parts machine. Oh well, I'll watch the auction and see what happens.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.