AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a plasma TV in one of my rooms. It worked okay for about 18 months, but now, whenever it's turned on, the circuit breaker trips. I've tried unplugging everything in the room but the TV, moving to a different electrical socket, moving to a different room, all with the same result. Should I just scrap it, or can it be fixed?

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
You need to get a repair tech to check it out, as nobody can diagnose that over the internet.

Also, if it's tripping your circuit breaker then by all means unplug it and leave it alone until it's been examined.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midpoint /forum/post/17002001

I have a plasma TV in one of my rooms. It worked okay for about 18 months, but now, whenever it's turned on, the circuit breaker trips. I've tried unplugging everything in the room but the TV, moving to a different electrical socket, moving to a different room, all with the same result. Should I just scrap it, or can it be fixed?

What brand and model is it? Was it working fine then one day you turned it on and it tripped the breaker?

Here's a shot in the dark:

Remove the power cord from the TV then plug it into a wall receptacle and see if the breaker still trips. Try borrowing a power cord from a PC and connect it to the Plasma then plug it in and see if it trips.

If you're sure the TV has developed a problem, did you buy it with a good credit card that automatically adds one year to the factory warranty? If so, they'll probably pay for the repair if the TV is worth repairing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts