AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 4 Mirage Omnisats, Polk CS 1 center, and the infamous Acoustech BIC H-100 as my sub (even after 4 years this sub still brings a smile to my face). I just replaced my old Panasonic XR57 receiver with a Yamaha 867 in the last month.

Probably listen to music 40% and and movies/TV 60% of the time.

I would like to hear opinions of people who upgraded from a similar sub to something like the following:

Epik Empire

HSU VTF-2 MK 3

In your opinion was it worth it???

Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
In comparison, you're looking at the Empire and VTF-2? Are you sure you're not looking at the Legend, or VTF-3? The Empire would be a massive upgrade from the H100. Keep in mind, the Empire is an $800 sub, and the VTF-2 is a ~$500 sub. Either one is going to be a big step up, but your preference is going to be what has to decide.

Empire is a sealed sub, VTF-2 is ported. They will both act differently in your room. The VTF-2 will be more "similar" sounding, but doesn't have the peaky-ness of the H100. Very smooth for both music and movies. The Empire will sound different, but how much so is going to depend on size, shape, location in your room. As well as if it is sealed or open. See the recent review done by Ricci for more info on that. It is more sub than the VTF-2, but also a ~$300 difference.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperxr69
I currently have a 4 Mirage Omnisats, Polk CS 1 center, and the infamous Acoustech BIC H-100 as my sub (even after 4 years this sub still brings a smile to my face). I just replaced my old Panasonic XR57 receiver with a Yamaha 867 in the last month.

Probably listen to music 40% and and movies/TV 60% of the time.

I would like to hear opinions of people who upgraded from a similar sub to something like the following:

Epik Empire

HSU VTF-2 MK 3

In your opinion was it worth it???

Thanks
Take a good look at the eD A5-350 to

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965
Take a good look at the eD A5-350 to
Sorry guys..I was looking at the Legend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.