AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
It looks like this monitor has both component (RGB2) and DVI (RGB3). sweet!

If you are buying it used, I would be worried how many hours of service it has seen. A commercial monitor like this (if used in a commercial setting) could have been used constantly. This is an ED monitor and it was hard to tell from a quick Google search when it was introduced. But if it's 2 years old and was used constantly, it could have 15,000 hours or more racked up on it.

Can you check it out visually before you commit to the sale? Look for burn-in too.. commercial monitors often display logos in a fixed spot.

good luck!

Jerry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to go check it out today. Is it hard to find an adapter that will split component in to that 5-input connector (sorry for the lack of terminology).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Component is only 3.. but they are usually paired with Right and Left Stereo audio input.. so that's why some components look like 5 inputs. If you would be using your surround system for audio, you would only use the 3 video. I am not sure from looking at the manual below if that is what this is or if it's really 5 video.

http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corp...PD3_1st-ed.pdf

There's the manual from NEC's site.. it is listed under "Discontinued Models".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 5-BNC RGB input like the one on my old CRT projector. I didn't get a chance to go see it today due to unforgiving work. Maybe tomorrow.

It would make a helluva a desktop computer monitor. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hell man, if it still works ok I'd buy it in a heartbeat for that price!!! In fact I will if you don't!!!!

So where is Alpharetta, GA, anyway!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.