Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Quote:
we will be on tonight UPN 21.1
I will be watching it, even if its in SD, but I'd wish you would start running them on Hdnet too. I know the rights handicap you but you were able to get the kentucky derby past NBC... I would really like to watch the mavs in HD. I hate the sd version and dallas is a little too far for me to drive. If anybody can do it Mr. Cuban can

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Since KTXA-DT is located a couple of streets away from me (on Bridge Street in Ft. Worth - Interstate 30) -- I called over to UPN-21's engineering department and spoke to a "Randy." I asked him to confirm that tonight's local broadcast would be in HDTV. I was told that it was not originally scheduled to be in high definition, but Mr. Cuban is presenting it in HDTV for his local supporters. Must be nice to have HD production trucks and be able to do that. I guess he (Mark) is footing the bill.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Forgot to say that "Randy" said the local HDTV telecast would be on KXTA UPN 21.1 which is the same as digital Channel 18. If you tune to just Channel 21, it will not be in HDTV. You must go to 21.1 or 18 (depending upon how your channel alignment is set up.)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Wish it was on HDNet like earlier in the year when they showed the Mavs and Lakers in HD. It looked awesome and made me never want to watch another B-Ball game in SD but.....thats the only way it is available.

Go Mavs!! Ring those Cowbells!!

Mike

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great news, over at the Dallas Home Theater Group Bill said that it had just got approved by the NBA. Do they really have control over that (it being in HD) or did it have to do with TNN and sharing cameras?

·
Registered
864 Posts
The game has just started here in Fort Worth in HD, Thanks Mark !!!

One problem though. The top edge scoreboard is so high that the top third is off of my screen.

Perfect timing, the pod race just finished on Fox. Too bad the EE is just as bad in Fox Widescreen as it is on the DVD.

Duane

·
Registered
466 Posts
It looks pretty good, but the mid-court camera jumps in and out of focus. I believe it has been noted that this is caused due to low camera location and lighting at the AAC.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The high-def was great ....until the third quarter. And then it disappeared and we got a standard NTSC broadcast. I wonder what happened? Did anyone else have the same thing happen?

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's kinda hard to verbally root on this forum for the Kings knowing all that Cuban has done for HD.

Sorry Mark, but I was pleased (even with my SD picture) seeing the KINGS whup your Mav's. :)

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I don't know whether people in Dallas are better behaved or just lacked energy, but a single Kings player was able to shout out all 26,000?

When it comes to HDTV, Mark knows he needs vocal audience. How about moving some of your HD facilities to Sacramento? :) We made the only Sinclair affiliate station in the nation to go HDTV, we can also get your HDNet up everywhere.

·
Registered
308 Posts
No HD on this past Saturday's game on NBC.

Just doesn't make sence.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.