AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifocalprojector /forum/post/12871481


Is "Tower.com" a reputable place to order Blu-ray movies from? Thanks!

I've bought records there with no problems. Tower Records was around as a "brick and mortar" store for many years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifocalprojector /forum/post/12871481


Is "Tower.com" a reputable place to order Blu-ray movies from? Thanks!

Tower Records went bankrupt and all their assets were auctioned by the courts in DE a year or so ago. I don't recall who acquired the rights to their name, but whoever is running tower.com has no affiliation with the former physical stores or site. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but just thought it was worth disclosure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas /forum/post/12872108


Tower Records went bankrupt and all their assets were auctioned by the courts in DE a year or so ago. I don't recall who acquired the rights to their name, but whoever is running tower.com has no affiliation with the former physical stores or site. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but just thought it was worth disclosure.

The original Tower went out of business more than a year ago...


the website/name was sold to some unknown company, which is

why I was curioius.... the current Tower.com has pretty decent

prices on some of the Blu-ray movies I'm looking for...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I placed an order for two blu-ray DVDs last week and received them yesterday - overall, I was impressed with their fast service and would recommend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I recommend it too. I already bought several Discs. The Delivery times are fast (I`m from germany) and the prices are good (often cheaper than amazon.com).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
The current reviews of tower.com on "resellerratings dot com" are very unfavorable. Six-month rating of 1.11/10 which is pretty much the ocean floor level for ratings on this site. Note the customer review that begins "This is NOT the Towerrecords we all knew,it`s now owned and operated by Caiman Holding Inc,the same Caiman.com that sells on Amazon."


I once ordered CDs from Caiman.com, and I did receive what I ordered, but the quality of the packing was poor compared to other vendors I've dealt with.


Knowing this information, I would look elsewhere first for movie or music orders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,567 Posts
Definitely not somewhere I'd buy anything from. They don't follow the rules when it comes to selling products and a lot of their stuff is gray market stock according to past reports on the company that owns the website now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
462 Posts
based on what i have read around the net, i would never order from tower.com
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,419 Posts
They are pretty cool, I purchased plenty of HD's from them...Not too sure how's your Blu Ray order would go though




Djoel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover2002 /forum/post/13433090


Shipping costs same as Amazon? or better?

Ta

Expensive than amazon if number of items is above 1. Their overseas shipping charge is flat $5 per item which itself is quite high. Few months back I bought CE3K and Oldboy for $54 shipped. Not a good deal and a not a bad one either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifocalprojector /forum/post/12871481


Is "Tower.com" a reputable place to order Blu-ray movies from? Thanks!

They've been great for me, and given their reputation when their stores were open all over southern california - they were wonderful, BUT they were somewhat pricey too.


For those who don't know - they were HUGE in California, until they recently closed all of their stores and jumped on the online bandwagon.

so, I'm sure it's now even MORE in their best interest to specifically keep their online customer base strong.

I say go for it!


... but please don't blame me if they screw something up.. haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSoundGuy /forum/post/13433753


They've been great for me, and given their reputation when their stores were open all over southern california - they were wonderful, BUT they were somewhat pricey too.


For those who don't know - they were HUGE in California, until they recently closed all of their stores and jumped on the online bandwagon.

so, I'm sure it's now even MORE in their best interest to specifically keep their online customer base strong.

I say go for it!


... but please don't blame me if they screw something up.. haha!

Did you read the rest of the thread? Tower.com is not Tower Records.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 /forum/post/13433780


Did you read the rest of the thread? Tower.com is not Tower Records.

Oops, sorry, there was an advertisement separating the first post with the following posts...

nobody's perfect, but thanks for your warm reply!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I have a difficult time trusting some of the reseller rating sites. I have a friend who works in the industry who used to tell me about how they would go in and pollute the sites with negative ratings about competitors, especially when they picked up on any type of bad pattern. I know that Tower had some troubles when they switched over to strictly online, because they were being fulfilled by a one-stop distributor. But I think they have stuff worked out pretty well now - I want to have faith in them just because the Tower brand is so fantastic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by threefirstnames /forum/post/13433318


based on what i have read around the net, i would never order from tower.com

I've ordered a couple of times. Fast service, no problems. Cheap shipping, etc.



Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top