AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play games where lag is an important factor. A 32" monitor cost around 700 where I can get a 32' tv for 250. Does the tv not perform as well or something. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Well it all depends on input lag. However, there is no "standard" for measuring it, so specs alone cannot be a judgement. And a second however, you should assume 98% of people are using a store bought tv/monitor, that all have inputs lags that are very similar to each other. We're talking one or two milliseconds. The lag you get from a wifi or even a straight ethernet connection has much more of an effect than the input lag on most tv's. If you are THAT serious about a few milliseconds of input lag, you should be looking at a professional monitor, and should not be worried about a few hundred dollars of difference in cost.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have dual 32" tvs used as mon. on my gaming pc. Never had a problem with them. I run them both at 1080 as extended desktop. just need to be sure and get better than 720p tvs because I have found that text is to hard to read at 720. I use dvi to hdmi cables, digital picture but no sound

1 - 4 of 4 Posts