AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the opening stages of what will probably be a long, drawn out planning phase for our coming home theater. I am coming from a modest LCD and computer speakers to what will eventually be someplace to enjoy Movies on family nights.

I am considering building an infinite baffle sub into the wall that the screen would either be mounted to or mounted in front. My concern is that vibration would play a factor in picture quality. Do any of you have input on this, and if it is a problem, potential work arounds. I don't want to turn my screen into a diaphragm for the in wall subwoofer.

If it makes any difference, I am leaning towards building my own screen.

Rob

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricator /forum/post/18132965

i think any conventional screen would give you problems. a hard screen would be what you want.

Yeah, I was reading the thread over in the DIY screen forum on the use of Ultraboard. I was wondering how difficult it would be to set up a fold up screen that could be dropped down from the ceiling and perhaps not attached directly to the wall the sub is in. The difficult part is that no one seems to have responded back on it's effectiveness as a screen with any definitive results. Of course, it could be painted grey to give any desired results I guess but anything requiring more work is, well, more work. Not that I probably won't constantly be tinkering with it anyway.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
are you talking a screen with hinges at the top, and then tilt the bottom up to the ceiling ?

that will work, seen one here.

how big are ya thinkin ? pic of the room ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.