AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to be able to capture the HDMI output from a set top box using a Viewcast Osprey 240e capture card installed in a PC.

The breakout cable that connects to the Osprey 240e in the PC has BNC component connectors for Video and RCA connectors for L/R audio.

Do I need a video processor to accept the HDMI output from the set top box and convert this signal into component Video and L/R audio? Or, will a direct cable connection using an HDMI to 5 RCA cable do the job, obviously I would have to fit 3 x RCA/BNC adapters on the component leads?

Thx

Dushy

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Don't know your capture card, but HDMI to an analogue input using a breakout cable will NEVER work. If your capture card only has analogue inputs you need a D/A converter.

The HDMI output might also be HDCP-encrypted, so you would need a HDCP decryptor. A HD Fury combines both, the HDCP killer and the D/A converter, into a single box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.