AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using standard 92 brightness and 22 lb white paper for testing. Is this a good standard for testing? Does it have any color shifting? Is the gain 1 or greater?

Ericglo

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think it more depends on what the "whiteness" of the paper is, not the "brightness". I had looked into what the "brightness" number for paper was a while back and it sounds like it's totally unrelated to how "white" the paper is. The brightness number is derived from measuring how much light is reflected using a blue filter at 45 degrees.

I think different paper can have the same brightness number, yet be vastly different in how white it is. White is important since we want to know the amount of light reflected across the entire spectrum, not in the blue wavelength range.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gambit,

Thanks for the info.

I measured my HP paper with my spectro and it has a slight blue/red shift. More blue than red. I compared it to my white calibration tile and it was close enough. I think I will use this as my cheap comparison standard with the realization that there may be a slight color shift.

Ericglo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.