Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cox HD Systems (14 of their 35 systems)

If you are in the following HD systems, please post when Cox announces locally and when it actually provides coverage of the INHD and INHD2 channels:

AZ- Phoenix

CA-South Orange County; San Diego; Rancho Palos Verdes

FL- Florida Gulf Coast, Fort Walton Beach

KS- Topeka; Manhattan; Wichita

LA- Baton Rouge

NE- Omaha

NV- Las Vegas

OH- Cleveland

OK- Oklahoma City; Tulsa

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I have not heard of any official lauch dates from any cox sources. The suspected launch date appears to be around mid to late October, and I think a viewer in Baton Rouge claimed a launch date of OCT 17th.

Not shown here in Vegas - yet.

vegggas

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nothing in South Orange County, CA. We don't even have ABC yet! Is this a fact that Cox will be providing this?

Robert

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by robhair
Nothing in South Orange County, CA. We don't even have ABC yet! Is this a fact that Cox will be proving this?

Robert
Your ABC is a local affiliate issue that is not allowing retransmit agreements on the cable system. INHD is a nationwide corporate issue. COX is one of the four cable companies signed on to carry INHD in the agreement. Problem is, there are no MSO's carrying it yet, but it is expected to soft launch nationwide in Mid OCt. Each local MSO will have to give an official launch date as to when they can squeeze them in, but is should be around the same time.

I think there was an agreement somewhere that allowed the other systems to have exclusivity for 30 days or something before cox can show the channel. Seems, that this would be a reasonable theory.

vegggas

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by robhair
What's a MSO? Cox turned on ABCHD here (707) during tonight's game. SWEEET!

Robert
MSO is MultiSystem Operator, as in a satellite or cable TV network distribution provider.

Your local ABC must have come to an agreement to allow the cable company to transmit their ABC signal on a private network.

Still no INHD on Cox anywhere yet...???

vegggas

·
Registered
754 Posts
Quote:
COX is one of the four cable companies signed on to carry INHD in the agreement
Let me add to this Cox is one of 4 companies that own iNDemand which owns and operates INHD. These 4 companies are Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & iNDemand Holdings inc.

In short can you say INHD = Cable Only

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremyfr
Let me add to this Cox is one of 4 companies that own iNDemand which owns and operates INHD. These 4 companies are Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, & iNDemand Holdings inc.

In short can you say INHD = Cable Only
I wouldn't say that. The InDemand stuff is cable only, but InHD is available to both cable and satellite.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep, Omaha has it now. The quality is pretty good. I've noticed some pixelization at times but it could be the amount of bandwidth they've allocated. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Why type of shows are on INHD anyway? I went to there web site and it looked like ALL pay per view that cost extra? Is it like the HDnet and HDnet movies that is on Dish?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cox launched HDTV in Gainesville/Ocala area in FL (central Florida) on November 17 with INHD and INHD2 included. Great PQ and a variety of programming, all free. You can get a schedule emailed to you each week by signing up for it on the INHD site. They also have a 2-week schedule viewable on the INHD website. Nice going, Cox...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cox has been rolling out HD service to Se Virginia (Hampton Roads).

Service here includes 2 channels of InHD.

:cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cox went to INHD (716) and INHD2 (717) today in Orange County, CA.

Not bad so far--To bad the Laker game will be blacked out.

Robert

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.