AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a second hand iScan Plus. As it's been on the market a few years, I wonder if it still would improve the picture quality compare to let the built in de-interlacer in the LT150 do the job?

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know this is bad forum etiquette, but I too would like to know the answer to this. Does bog standard s-video look ok on the lt150, or is a video processor recommended. I'm a cheap *******, so the less I have to spend, the better, as long as I don't start grumbling about the quality of the picture!

Chris

------------------

This is not a .sig

·
Registered
711 Posts
Imho, you will be "satisifed" with the built in scaler for TV material (unless maybe you are used to Satellite/HD quality) and DVD material (through a progressive DVD player). If you're on a limited budget, and not anal about video quality (ack! grain!), I wouldn't worry about getting a scaler .. yet. At the very least, try it for a month w/o a scaler.... That's what I'm doing!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
S-video is barely OK, I'd much rather watch on a standard RPTV or tube TV. I'm buying a scaler or doubler. Either a Quadscan Elite or an Iscan Pro.

[This message has been edited by Jonmx (edited 08-11-2001).]

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For DVD playback I use my AX10 with very nice result. My main concern is when I hook up my HLD-X9 for LD playback. Here I wonder how much I would benefit from using a iScan Plus as a de-interlacer instead of using the built in. I don't think I would bother to buy a new iScan Pro, but now I could get a iScan Plus second hand for U$250. As the model is old I wonder how it would do the job. As I have no need for PAL, component or aspect rate control, that is not a problem.

------------------

BR /// Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.