AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a Silicon Image Iscan Pro line doubler on Time Warner's digital cable. Would I be able to get a 1080p picture on high difinition broadcasts or do you think my Mistubishi 65908 would not display it properly. HD aside, how does it do with SD broadcasts.

Your comments are greatly appreciated,

Ken

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I'm using an Iscan Pro with TWC. It works well, but the Iscan outputs only 480P, not 1080i. The TWC HD box does upconvert the SD channels to 1080i (or 480P or 720P your choice). It does an ok job, but is only suitable for a physically 16:9 TV.

So if your Mits is 16:9 then the HD-200 may suit you well enough to not need the Iscan.

Ken

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ken,

Yes, my RPTV is 16:9. I was unaware that the Iscan only accepts 480i sources. If you hook the component outs from the SA-2000HD STB to the Iscan, what happens to the 1080i programming? Does the Iscan just pass it through unchanged or will it not accept the signal? Any other info you can give would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. This is weird. We have the same first name and the same number of posts. What's next - same birthday!?:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.