AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back someone posted pictures comparing an ISCO DLP 1.25x with a IIIL 1.33x but it looks like the link is now broken. I had a hard time finding comparison photos so figured I'd post some for anyone who might be interested. The DLP 1.25x lens is indeed bigger, most notably in the projector side lens objective. I am looking into fabricating a mounting bracket for it now but will eventually have to decide which to keep. Initial impressions (no measurements yet) seem to indicate similar optical performance between the 2 lenses.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks for the pics, very helpful to see the relative sizes -- the DLP 1.25x lens is a quite a beast, I briefly had one and was wondering how large the IIIL was in comparison.

What projector & throw ratio have you been comparing the two with?

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
A while back someone posted pictures comparing an ISCO DLP 1.25x with a IIIL 1.33x but it looks like the link is now broken. I had a hard time finding comparison photos so figured I'd post some for anyone who might be interested. The DLP 1.25x lens is indeed bigger, most notably in the projector side lens objective. I am looking into fabricating a mounting bracket for it now but will eventually have to decide which to keep. Initial impressions (no measurements yet) seem to indicate similar optical performance between the 2 lenses.

I have both the Isco 4XL and the 1.25x and they seem have similar performance, but I have also not done any measurements.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
If making the move to real (4096 x 2160) 4K, keep the 1.25x and you can run the projector in the full 17:9 mode.

Reactions: Gary Lightfoot

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
If you have a 4k Sony for example, then as Mark said, the 1.25 ISCO would work best for that if you intend on using the whole imager panel.

As most source material is still only 1080, you could just use the 16:9 portion (of the Sony 4k) and use the 1.33 lens. Depends on what you think is best for the future, but if you have both lenses, you don't have to compromise one or the other.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts