AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hmmm,

IIRC there is a special price (ISCO II) for users of the german HT forum ****************** of 2.700,- DM (about 1.350 Euro).

It's an offer from "chappie" www.grobi.tv

Perhaps you can contact chappie. If you have language problems give me a mail.

CU

Frank

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but it's not easy to browse blindly, a direct link would be more usefull.

And my question was more general: for those who have bought the ISCO II, how much did you pay? What is the average selling price?

Isco website suggest a retail price of 1105 Euros for the "16:9 Video Attachment I" and 1950 Euros for the "16:9 Video Attachment II" (and that's without VAT). I remember a Jason Turk's post (AVS) selling some HT items few weeks ago; there was an ISCO II for $1500. This was supposed to be a good deal :rolleyes:

My purpose is quite simple: try an ISCO II with my VW10HT. With this setup I expect displaying 2.35:1 movies (from 16:9 enhanced DVDs) without any black bars. When selecting the 'Subtitle' option in the 10HT's 'Aspect' menu, it's possible to adjust heigh and vertical shift of the image, thus pushing 2.35:1 black bars out of vision. The horizontal overscan can also be adjusted via the Service menu as well as (again) vertical shift. This way it should possible to have a "perfect" 2.35:1 image (with pincusion :eek: )

I remember Alan G tried something similar, but he used two lens together with a "regular" 4/3 projector, the Panamorph and the ISCO II.

Waiting comments.

Thanks,

Carlos

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I forgot that avscience is not only a forum but also a shop ;)

So I found in the shop that the "normal" price for the ISCO II is $1595.

But... it seems there is currently a "powerbuy" for $995 (but not details about this powerbuy). In the end, 1500 Euros seems a excellent price from a dealer near home (no shipping fee, no shipping stress, can see it before buying it, etc). But, for those who have purchased one recently, why didn't you post the price you paid for it? Is this taboo?

Carlos

·
Registered
842 Posts
Immersive is announcing a $995 powerbuy on the ISCO II later today and you stumbled onto a page David was working on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I must be the unluckiest guy around, waiting ages for a Panamorph pre-order, only to give up and buy an ISCO II for $1500 from AVS two months ago! Then finding the $1000 powerbuy going on.

Still, I'm not too bitter, the lens is excellent and I was fed up of waiting for the Pana. At $995 it is a genuine bargain and I would recommend it to anyone. It really is a well machined bit of kit and setup is straightforward. It does have slight pincusion distortion when used with my UP1100 but it is not too noticable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.