------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

http://www.iscooptic.de/IMAGES/16_9_2.JPG

Can someone confirm that this is a correct picture of the ISCO2?

With a throw distance 1.9 screen widths using a D-ILA, with the center point of the projectors lens at about 1 inch above the screen, and the hush box about 1/8" underneath the projector, will I have any issues with the installation?

For instance, will I be able to lower the lens sufficiently within the mount considering that the hushbox is only 1/8" below the bottom of the screen? If I raise the projector another inch will I get excessive pincushioning ?

Will 7.5" depth be sufficient for the entire lens and bracket?

Sorry for so many questions. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

·
Registered
842 Posts
That is the picture. Are you using one of Dave Beatty's hushboxes? I had my ISCO II mounted on the optional shelf and had to bolt it to the shelf to hold it in place. Other than that it was fine. As for your other questions I can look into them.

------------------

Tom Strade

Immersive, Inc.
www.immersiveinc.com

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom,

this is a custom hushbox with active ventilation that I custom built into my existing 2x2 drop celing with acoustical tile.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Anybody else with an isco2 chime in.

Don O

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Don,

From the back of the base to the front is about 6.5" and from the bottom of the rubber feet to the top of the bracket is around 9 1/8". You should be ok on the depth. If there is a space between the top/bottom of your PJs case and its lense the 1/8" should be enough. If the DILA lense is too close to the edge of the case the 1/8" may not be enough to allow any kind of ISCO lense tilting.

------------------

John
My HT Picts

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Tom,

A couple of questions.

1) It is my understanding the ISCO II expands the image so if I am attempting to plan how a G15 would work in my room I should use the JVC calculator and assume a 4 x 3 screen that is the same height as my 16x9 screen. Is this correct ?

2) It is my understanding the Panamorph compresses the image so I should use the JVC calculator and assume a 4 x 3 screen that is the same width as my 16 x 9 screen. Is this correct also ?

Lastly I know both the Panamorph and the ISCO II introduce distortions. Can you please compare / contrast the types of distortions that both products introduce ? Also can you indicate what you have been able to do to minimize the distortion with either product ?

Thx

Bryan

P.S. It was nice to meet you at Cedia and put a face with all the knowledge.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John,

thanks for the reply. It does appear, from your description, that I have sufficient depth for the bracket.

You also confirm that with the projectors casing and lens only 1/8 inch superior to the case I may have insufficient room to tilt/rotate the lens.

If I raise the PJ 1 inch will this allow the flexibility I need to tilt the lens?

Bryan,

I do not want to step on Tom's toes, but I believe I can answer your first 2 questions.

Yes, the ISCO2 will horizontally expand a 4:3 image that is the height of your 16:9 screen.

Yes, the panamorph will require you to produce a 4:3 image that is the full width of your 16:9 screen so it can vertically compress the image.

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

[This message has been edited by Don O'Brien (edited 09-23-2001).]

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
An inch should be enough. I had to make an additional shelf for the ISCO II around six inches below the shelf for the pj. My projector has an offset, and I had to put it almost right against the ceiling.

------------------

John
My HT Picts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.