AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members planning on attending? I happen to be in Amsterdam this year, so will definitely be attending.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Yup, I am, I believe Walter is working at Alcons, Lygren is involved there, so I think he will be overhere aswell. Wolfgang mentioned weeks ago he might fly over for a day or so this year. But Wolfgang's plans are not definitive. Nigel will most lively fly over from the UK. Plenty of others will, but there's no meet-up scheduled, as far as I know. Ceenhad is working there, so he must be over, aswell.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I’ll be there for sure! :) Alcons is running a full 9.1(6).6, officially launching their new 90x60 drivers (new patent pending system for 60 degree vertical dispersion, they’ve had 90 for years), Trinnov pre, our first production motomask frame @ UltraWeave V6, and this time a Sony VPL-VW5000 laser projector. Walter runs the show as usual, and as last year it will be a divided show, residential + pro, I’m sure more official info will be shared shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like lots of very interesting presentations as well. Though not exactly relevant, I am actually quite interested in seeing the projection mapping competition they are running on the 8th and 9th.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’ll be there for sure! :) Alcons is running a full 9.1(6).6, officially launching their new 90x60 drivers (new patent pending system for 60 degree vertical dispersion, they’ve had 90 for years), Trinnov pre, our first production motomask frame @ UltraWeave V6, and this time a Sony VPL-VW5000 laser projector. Walter runs the show as usual, and as last year it will be a divided show, residential + pro, I’m sure more official info will be shared shortly.
H Lygren,

do you have a drawing of the speaker setup especially the new 90x60? Wonder, how they are mounted directionwise.

cheers

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
H Lygren,

do you have a drawing of the speaker setup especially the new 90x60? Wonder, how they are mounted directionwise.

cheers

As far as I recall, it can be tilted either way, so full flexibility in such regards. I’ll post more info here as soon as I can get ahold of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
651 Posts

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Also on show will be the CRMS-LFE18, Alcons’ first subwoofer dedicated to home cinema installations. Featuring a custom 18” woofer with dual-coil motor and extra-long, 30mm excursion capability, it is mounted in a sealed cabinet and SIS pre-wired for super tight reproduction of even the lowest octaves.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Also on show will be the CRMS-LFE18, Alcons’ first subwoofer dedicated to home cinema installations. Featuring a custom 18” woofer with dual-coil motor and extra-long, 30mm excursion capability, it is mounted in a sealed cabinet and SIS pre-wired for super tight reproduction of even the lowest octaves.
...can´t wait to hear six of those new devils do their evil deed! :):) Only a matter of days now... However, the booth is still made out in acoustical absorptive baffle panels and as such - in a room consisting of harder, more solid surfaces the bass response would probably be tighter. Still, I am quite confident this setup will sound better than ever and these new subs are definitely one of the main attractions I look forward to hearing!!

Reactions: clausdk

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
...can´t wait to hear six of those new devils do their evil deed! :):) Only a matter of days now... However, the booth is still made out in acoustical absorptive baffle panels and as such - in a room consisting of harder, more solid surfaces the bass response would probably be tighter. Still, I am quite confident this setup will sound better than ever and these new subs are definitely one of the main attractions I look forward to hearing!!
For sure. I wanted to attend, but I am just too busy right now. On the Alcons website - looks like there's another version of the new speaker as well? with a vent on the side it seems. Was hoping they introduced an 8 ch. amp for that 20.2.10 Trinnov SSP setup I am dreaming about for my comming theater :)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
For sure. I wanted to attend, but I am just too busy right now. On the Alcons website - looks like there's another version of the new speaker as well? with a vent on the side it seems. Was hoping they introduced an 8 ch. amp for that 20.2.10 Trinnov SSP setup I am dreaming about for my comming theater :)
Other than the new 60x90 driver powered speaker I do not believe there are any new versions of the LCR´s that would be on the display (they will be using 3x CRMS MKII´s as LCR´s).

Too bad you could not make it though! CEDIA in the US will be your next opportunity I believe... :)

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Other than the new 60x90 driver powered speaker I do not believe there are any new versions of the LCR´s that would be on the display (they will be using 3x CRMS MKII´s as LCR´s).

Too bad you could not make it though! CEDIA in the US will be your next opportunity I believe... :)
Thats what I thought also, but if you look at their site, there seems to be a slight variant of that same speaker with a vent on the side?

Yeah I want to go each time, but work just seems to pile up these days + 3 kids :) Looking forward to detailed reports! :)

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Thats what I thought also, but if you look at their site, there seems to be a slight variant of that same speaker with a vent on the side?

Yeah I want to go each time, but work just seems to pile up these days + 3 kids :) Looking forward to detailed reports! :)
They might have a side vented version too, but as most residential installs are in baffle walls requiring front vents I guess this must be directed towards other markets...?

·
Registered
32,188 Posts

The CRMS MKII's list a 40 degree vertical dispersion. I see that as an advantage for home theater. Helps reduce floor and ceiling bounce. Less room interaction.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
The CRMS MKII's list a 40 degree vertical dispersion. I see that as an advantage for home theater. Helps reduce floor and ceiling bounce. Less room interaction.
Completely agree, and for the record, those Alcons do 90x40 @ full frequency AND SPL capacity. For ceiling speakers, the 90x60 comes in very handy though...

Reactions: clausdk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Some very interesting demos today.

Sony had their CLEDIS display out, which as usual was stunning.

@ARROW-AV and I spent about 15 minutes staring at Samsung's The Wall, annoyed that we could see a horizontal line running across the top third.

The Alcons/Trinnov/Dreamscreen/Sony 5000 demos (at least the ones at 14:00 that I saw) were great. I think the Trinnov was running everything at -9, which seemed a little loud on some of the demo clips but perfect on others. It was my first time seeing the Dreamscreen v6 AT screen material, and I was blown away. Even from up close, I could not see any texture at all. And of course the Alcons sounded great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is is a shame I have no change to visit ISE, but I use the V6, at my 18" curved 150" screen, since it hit the market and I still enjoy every movie !

·
Registered
32,188 Posts
Is is a shame I have no change to visit ISE, but I use the V6, at my 18" curved 150" screen, since it hit the market and I still enjoy every movie !
Yeah, DreamScreen V6 (Screen Acoustics in the US) is a very good AT fabric. I have used several woven AT fabrics and looked at many more. The V6 is the smoothest AT fabric I have seen and what I currently use. I saw the V6 at CEDIA and the fabric surface was perfect. Not a single blemish.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts