AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Toshiba 34" 16:9 directview, and there are adjustments in the designer mode for all of the things you mentioned. You will want to have the ISF tech do the settings for line doubled mode, DVD mode, and 1080I mode on your TV. Toshiba has many more adjustments that an ISF tech could use to fully set up the TV.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Dycus:
I own a Toshiba 34" 16:9 directview, and there are adjustments in the designer mode for all of the things you mentioned. You will want to have the ISF tech do the settings for line doubled mode, DVD mode, and 1080I mode on your TV. Toshiba has many more adjustments that an ISF tech could use to fully set up the TV.
Do you think this would apply to other directview sets?

I own a Proscan 38inch 16:9 set.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Need some help....Do any members know if an ISF tech can do calibrations to a direct view set, such as color saturation levels, grey scale, color temp, etc.? I would appreciate any advice on this anyone can give me. Ninety percent of what I know about HDTV's I've learned from members of this forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not familiar enough with the 38" RCA to say for sure. I would imagine that all 16:9 directviews have the capability to be calibrated.

Why do you want your set calibrated? Does it look bad? If you are satisfied with how it looks, why bother with getting it calibrated? It could end up worse after it is calibrated.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

I would think you want your set ISF calibrated because you want to be sure that it is set up correctly ... as opposed to having a picture that is simply pleasing to the eye but could be all wrong.

2+2=9 is far more pleasing for me, but it is still wrong.

What you will find in the RCA's service menu are controls for centering the contrast and brightness and geometry parameters. You will also find the RGB cuts and drivers for the grayscale.

The colour and tint and sharpness controls likely are not in there and have to be set up via the user menu.

Regards

------------------

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Michael TLV...you are right on the money when you state the purpose for an ISF calibration. I want to be sure everything is set up properly, not merely pleasing to the eye. I just needed to be sure direct view sets were capable of benefiting from an ISF calibration. The replacement Proscan I have now seems to have problems that a calibration would probably not remedy. When I get a replacement for the replacement, I plan on getting it calibrated properly. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.