AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 47 inch rear projector calibrated today and a short time later HBO showed "The Dish". This was the first time I saw this movie. It brought back great memories of one of the most exciting times I can remember. It was a warm and humorous and exciting telling of the story of Apollo 11. Great fun to see on my newly calibrated set.

Andy

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Great little movie. Great soundtrack too. And, for Dogfood's money, the DVD looks pretty darn good too.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I first saw this under the most horrible conditions on a plane flight, with a set of half disfunctional headphones and a half broken flip down LCD screen, and I still enjoyed it. I caught a little of it yesterday and it was a slightly better experience to say the least :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am a space nut and I loved this movie. It definitely did not get the attention it deserved in the US. A great family movie as well. No death/violence/swearing. Got me misty eyed without being corny.

It also gives perspective on both a part of the late 60's and, from a new angle, the shear number of people and parts that went into the Apollo missions.

A nice disk to add to From Here to the Moon; Apollo 13; Contact...

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Don't forget October Sky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.