AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an ISF calibration done on a JVC HD-ILA? I wonder how familiar the ISF techs are with this product because it is so new; or is this TVs software similar enough with others as to not be an issue?

If anyone has had their set calibrated how long did it take? Was it worth it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There seems to be a lot of talk about calibrating this set. I was leaning towards getting the JVC, but am having second thoughts given that added work that is need to get a good picture.

Isn't this similar to buying a new car only to find out that it needs a tune up?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Only if you think of it as every new car is set to sell, not to perform.

·
Registered
845 Posts
There is an aftermarket chip that maximizes performance for just about every car out there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe some calibration is required regardless of the TV purchased. I have spent a lot of time and money putting together my system and I want it to perform at its best. I have spent some time with the video essentials DVD and I have come to realize there are people better qualified to do a proper calibration.

I have not heard from anyone who has had a JVC HD-ILA rear projection set calibrated by an ISF person using the proper equipment. I have read that proper calibration on other rear projection TVs has made a huge difference in picture quality. I would not be surprised the JVC will be no different.

I am curious if any ISF person has actually calibrated this TV and if it is any different than any other rear projection TVs. The JVC being so new were there any issues?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.