AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If some1 can do it for $200-$300 here (2YO Mits 55805) in NJ,I would be soooo glad ... Anybody ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ken Whitcomb from Indianapolis calibrated my two Toshiba CW34X92 Direct View HDTV's. Both were quite a bit off from 6500K and had high red push. After nearly 6 hours (the most time spent on the first set), Channel 199 looked like it had never looked before. Since I had seen the segments a million times it was easy to see the difference. DVD's also are much better. Even the lousy SD DirecTV is better. While it expensive since I had to pay travel expense from Indy to Fort Wayne, it was worth it. Folks: If you spend $2K-4k for a HDTV, spend the $200-300 to get it ISF calibrated. You will not be sorry.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rashid11:
If some1 can do it for $200-$300 here (2YO Mits 55805) in NJ,I would be soooo glad ... Anybody ?
I'm also in NJ, and have a Mits 46805. If you find someone, let me know, as I'd like to have mine done also.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I charge $250 to ISF calibrate a rear projection TV (for one scan rate/input configuration) + travel (for out of area clients). Most clients want more services (besides setting the gray scale to 6500K) such as electronic focus, full screen convergence for SD and HD, mechanical focus, geometry, etc. These services are available at an additional charge.

[This message has been edited by Gary Merson (edited 07-08-2001).]

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Gary, I think its about time I have an ISF tech come out to work on my tv. I've had it for about a year now, and now that I am getting my HiPix shortly I'm going to need some major tuneups I think. I have a toshiba TW40x81

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.