Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out who the ISF calibrator is that came highly recommended on this list. If I remember correctly, this person does quite a bit of traveling around doing ISF calibrations. I believe he is based in the Massachusetts/New england area.

I'm moving to a new home in Mass. from Calif. and am looking for someone to calibrate my Pioneer Elite set. I'm also looking for someone to properly setup my whole system, as I've tried it myself, but never felt like I got it right. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
BBeckmann,

I travel to Massachusetts to perform calibrations on occassion. Jim Doolittle also hails out of Waltham, MA and is one of the best around. YOu can reach him at [email protected] .

Thank you,

·
Registered
853 Posts
ALl mentioned are top notch, but don't forget about Jim Doolittle in Waltham!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Mike, Mike, Mike!!!

In the Sound and Vision ISF thread that you guide people to...who do you think is in the picture in the first link?

It is one, Jim Doolittle!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mike,

Jim and I are great friends and he is one of the best calibrators out there - very high reputation. Now, he has gotten a lot of his reputation because he wrote the book and taught the class on front projection setup; however, he also does RPTVs and is just as good at those.

Best of Luck,

·
Registered
853 Posts
Man, myth, and legend!

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Can anyone recommend someone from Western Michigan?

·
Registered
853 Posts
John Gannon is in the Detroit area. Where are you at in Western Michigan?

I used to live in the area and was thinking of contacting some folks I used to work with years ago about getting a periodic mini-tour going.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am in Scottsdale, Arizona. I work during the hockey season for the NHL through the Phoenix Coyotes, and also do work for a "west coast" projector company (not in Arizona), in addition to my own calibration company.

At one time I worked in Michigan for quite awhile.

Oh, by the way...it was 75 degrees here today. How is it in Western Ma.? :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Greetings Mike,

80 degrees and sunny today. More tomorrow!

Go ahead and call me in August...you still can't shovel heat.:D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Besides, most of us have pools here and there's no such thing as a building without a massive cooling system. :)

God help you if the ac in your car goes though...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.