AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an ISF technician in or near the Chicago suburbs? I'd like to have my TW56X81 professionally calibrated (focus/convergence specifically). Any help would be great..thnx!

------------------

--Sclaws--

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think Sclaws was looking for a recommendation, not just a list of certified techs. I am too interested if anyone has used an ISF tech in Chicagoland that they were happy with.

-Rob

·
Banned
536 Posts
I don't know about those ISF guys.. Sometimes it's better to get someone truly familiar with your projector -no ISF bull. For example you won't easily find an ISF guy familiar with G70 industrial grade projectors. They are into consumer projectors. To converge G70s here in Chicago I would try companies leasing and servicing Sony commercial projectors like:

United Visual

630 467 1500 http://www.unitedvisual.com

It takes them just an hour to converge a G70. Their commercial rate is $90/hour + expenses. An ISF guy would charge you $800 minimum! GF.

[This message has been edited by Grosse Fatigue (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Registered
809 Posts
I think it depends on the ISF guy. I myself have been to Sony School for the G70 and G90 (and many other factory schools). It may take an hour to converge the set, but that is just a small part of the set up. There is of course optical and zone e focus, scheimphlug, zone astigmation, geometry, (usually more than one aspect ratio and for different scan rates), and gray scale. It takes me an entire day to do these projectors . Of course, the more I do of a given projector the faster I become. But even the guys that have done dozens can't do a complete job including gray scale in one hour. This isn't getting glasses at Lenscrafters.

[This message has been edited by Gary Merson (edited 06-10-2001).]

·
Banned
536 Posts
It is no Lenscrafters business but it helps when the technician plays the remone like the piano. These guys are on the clock. The more they know about a projector the faster they go and the better they are going to set up your projector, ISF or not. GF.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I and many folks have been using Jim Burn's for years and he is great. He is very busy, so it takes a while to get him over to your house, but he does a great job. He is doing some seminars in the future and is promising goodies for the taking. Highly recommended! He is strong with front projectors.

Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.