AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, Eliab from Avical ( www.avical.com ) came to calibrate my Hitachi 65swx20b.

It was a very entertaining and rewarding experience. I went with his 'Director' package and the difference is quite dramatic. Eliab was very patient, explaining in detail every step of the process (which took not less than 7 hours !!) and taking the time to perfect his work even after such a long day.

I think that when one decides to spend $3000 or more on a TV set, having it calibrated makes all the difference and is worth every penny spent on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eliab has also tuned up my Toshiba 34 inch 16:9 tv. He was just as you described and the results with my set were equally good.

Steve

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you know if he travels to the Dallas area? Does anyone know of a good calibrator in the DFW area? I have a HItachi 43FWX20B that I'm renting from Aarons. (I know it's very expensive but it's the only way I could have one right now). DirecTV looks like crap except for the HDTV channels which look good. DVD's look great with a Philips progressive scan DVD player. At least most of them do. I have accepted the fact that DirecTV will never look great on my TV but I thought a calibration might help. But then again I might get Aarons to pay for a calibration if I tell them they can have it back.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I'm not out of place for asking, what are the charges for renting that RPTV? If I am, I apologize. Either way, why would you pay to calibrate a rented set?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Because I wanted it and this is the only way I can get one right now. I just don't have that much extra money right now lying around. It will cost me only a few dollars more than if I had walked into Best Buy and bought it on a credit card. With interest charges it comes out almost the same. Plus if I do save up enough to pay it off, I can do that at anytime without paying anymore rental fees. Sure it costs more than no interest financing but I have the TV now. Rent to own is not for everyone but for someone like me that wants the TV now, it's a good option.

If I can get Aaron's to pay for calibration then great. But I do plan on keeping the TV so I don't mind paying to have it calibrated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.