AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering my first ISF calibration. It probably will be done by Walt Reardon & son out of Biloxi Ms. I have a Pioneer PRO-710 RPTV. I have read many, many great things about this type service. (and a few bad things) I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has had this done. I'm told it will cost about $275.00 for a basic calibration & another $100.00 or so for different grayscale adjustments. Whats the general opinion out there? Thanks, Phil...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have not done ISF calibration mainly because I'm not a rich guy. If you feel that $275 is affordable for you then go for it. If not, From what I experienced, it is much better to calibrate the TV yourself. All you need is a test disc, you dont even have to buy one if you already own a DVD with THX optimazation.

I have calibrated my Sony 32" Wega TV, Sony VPL-W400q projector, and even my computer monitor with great results. The only part that will take the most time calibrating is the gray scale.

James

·
Registered
38 Posts
Phil,

I have the same set. Had it for years. Got it calibrated 2 years ago. Best $250.= I spent!

I remember before calibration I was constantly 'tweaking' my settings on a DVD per DVD basis... Couldn't get it right myself even with a calibration DVD.

The ISF guy should also be able to help you eliminate some of the 'red-push' characteristic of the 710.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.