AVS Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 5113 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
 http://www.attunedservices.com/

If anyone is looking for a great ISF calibrator for audio and video in all of Connecticut, Western Massachusetts and Eastern New York.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Shawn Byrne (SierraMikeBravo) formerly a lead designer with Erskine Group, now providing theater design work through Quest Acoustical Interiors www.questai.com serving all theaters world wide. I am an atmospheric scientist by trade, and thus, am well grounded in mathematics, physics and the equations used in acoustics and wave motion.

We offer full featured design services as well as acoustic analysis' and treatment strategies which include renderings using professional CAD software.

Quest Layout

Theater Design threads:

Man of Steel Theater
Curve Frenzy
Coal Creek
The Hanger Theater
The Salt Mine
Down Under Theater Mk II
Better Late Than Never Build Thread
New Atmos Theater

Reviews

Review 1
Review 2 Post #470 in the thread
Review 3 Post #153 in the thread

Certifications:

CEDIA Certified Professional EST II
THX Certified Professional Video Calibrator
Home Acoustics Alliance (HAA) Level I Certified
HAA Level II Audio Guru Certified
HAA Level III Design Certified

Equipment used:

Video Calibration
CalMan Professional 3.7/4.6/2019
X-Rite i1 Pro 2 Spectrophotometer
Spectracal C6 Select
Quantum Data 780 THX Version Handheld HDMI Analyzer
Murideo 6A 4K/HDR

Design
TurboCAD Professional v.2016 Platinum
MATLAB v.7 for acoustic software design
AV Pro Software

Audio Calibration
Sencore SP495 EX
AudioControl CM 145 Type I Mic
AudioControl CM 20 Type II Mic (4)
Sencore MX399
Sencore DAG5161
SoundPro Link
RS-95 Acoustic Software
iAudioInterface 2
Studio 6 Digital Software Suite

www.questai.com

[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B /forum/post/15712934

I do CRT FP's. I am a G70/Lumagen HDP owner myself. I service both Maryland and Chicago; I will be in Chicago later this month.

Chad will you be in Maryland this month? Looking to get my NEC 8" CRT and Lumagen processor calibrated. Also interested in audio calibration as well.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am looking for a calibrator in or near Loves Park, Illinois.

Any around?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
captclueless,

I travel to Chicago regularly and will be back there at the end of February. If you'd like to discuss in detail your interest in calibration, you can give me a call on 314-495-2993.

In the meantime, you can read more about my background and experience here:

http://www.isfforum.com/Details/Clearly-Resolved.html

·
Registered
2,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godwire /forum/post/15721394

Chad will you be in Maryland this month? Looking to get my NEC 8" CRT and Lumagen processor calibrated. Also interested in audio calibration as well.

I will be there in March.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captclueless /forum/post/15730042

I am looking for a calibrator in or near Loves Park, Illinois.

Any around?

Don't hesitate in getting a calibration done by Doug(DroptheRemote)Weil. I've had my Panasonic(8UK) plasma calibrated a couple years ago, and very happy with the results. Very honest and a pleasure to deal with.

BTW, I'm about to switch out the Panny soon for a new Pio 111-fd. I'll be giving a Doug a call a soon...

Mike

·
Registered
354 Posts
My name is Ric Morrow and I am a newly certified ISF Calibrator located in Central Florida. I am able to do all types of displays. My current equipment consists of:

X-Rite EyeOne Pro Spectroradiometer

X-Rite Chroma 5 Colorimeter

Sencore VP403C Video Generator

CalMAN v3.2 Professional

Numerous Calibration DVD's

If anyone has any calibration needs in Florida please feel free to give me a call to discuss @ 863-381-0715

Ric

·
Registered
27 Posts
AFAIK every ISF calibrator is "better" than others, for example, for a very spcific kind of CRT projector.

According to your experience, who can be appointed "most expert in Marquee deep calibration and modding"?

I mean someone who knows that PRJ as his own pockets and can really get the best from a calibration.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Thousend /forum/post/15783790

AFAIK every ISF calibrator is "better" than others, for example, for a very spcific kind of CRT projector.

According to your experience, who can be appointed "most expert in Marquee deep calibration and modding"?

I mean someone who knows that PRJ as his own pockets and can really get the best from a calibration.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Jeff, it would be helpful to know where you are, unless you're indicating that for the right guy you would fly them to wherever you and your projector are.

Chuck Williams in San Francisco and Michael Hamilton in Arizona would be my top nominees if location is not an issue for you.

http://www.lionav.com/mchuckwilliams.php

http://www.lionav.com/mmichaelhamilton.php

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptheRemote /forum/post/15784216

unless you're indicating that for the right guy you would fly them to wherever you and your projector are.

That's the right one
(obviously if the calibrator is willing to).

Thanks for your suggestions

·
Registered
8 Posts
For anyone in the S.F./Northern California area who's looking for a calibrator, I can highly recommend Robert Jones. He recently calibrated and cleaned my six year old Elite PRO-730HD CRT rear-projector. The improvement is really striking -- even my wife and daughter were blown away by the clarity and depth of the picture. I'm very happy I decided not to replace this TV with a flat panel. I own much newer plasma sets by Pioneer (Elite) and Panasonic, as well as a Samsung LCD, and while they have excellent PQ, they can't compete with the CRT RPTV when it comes to black levels and picture clarity. You can find Bob at [email protected] or 510-278-4247.

Michael Delman

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
1081 - 1100 of 5113 Posts