AVS Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 4814 Posts

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoeToo /forum/post/17663642

Would you keep a $2000 TV that did not meet your expectations?

Of course not. But I would make that determination before I spent 25% of the cost of the TV on a calibration.

No one is picking on you, but some have been surprised by your stated plan. I've been reading about calibrations for several years, and your idea is a new one to me.

I hope you're satisfied with your TV. The calibrator (Gregg Loewen) suggested to you is outstanding. If you want to check out the reports that owner's have written about his work use the link at the bottom of my post. For flat panel displays check out post # 2.

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
But he has a good point, HT. We all know how good Gregg Loewen is, there's nobody better out there. But if the owner doesn't think the results are good enough to keep his set after the calibration, his decision to take it back and get his money back is a good one.

Expensive, but if he really is not impressed enough with the results, it's the only game in town. I applaud his willingness to risk 1/4 of the value of his set just to find out!

b

·
Registered
3,200 Posts

New York: Long Island & New York City Vicinity

Equipment:
  • Sencore OTC1000
  • Xrite Eye-one Pro
  • CalMAN Calibration Software
  • CalMAN DPG1000 Pattern Generator
  • Calibration Discs: Spears & Musil, DVE BD, ISF/Monster

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up a Samsung PN58B650 the other day and i'm looking to get it calibrated in a couple weeks. I have been working on getting it broken in the meantime.

I am located in Burlington CT, is there anyone on here that is reputable calibrator for this area. I have heard good things about Peter Nelsen but i would like to have options.

Thanks.

Craig

·
Registered
140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsward /forum/post/17799513

I picked up a Samsung PN58B650 the other day and i'm looking to get it calibrated in a couple weeks. I have been working on getting it broken in the meantime.

I am located in Burlington CT, is there anyone on here that is reputable calibrator for this area. I have heard good things about Peter Nelsen but i would like to have options.

Thanks.

Craig

TweakTV has a coverage map here http://www.tweaktv.com/who-we-are/tw...-coverage.html . All of these guys are at the top of their game. Some, if not all of them you probably know. They require a $50 deposit for all in home calibration reservations, but will refund up until a week before the scheduled calibration meeting. Testimonials can be found here as well http://www.tweaktv.com/forum/home-ca...s/showcat.html .

·
Premium Member
23,840 Posts
It's great to have this info, but it's inconvenient to search the thread for someone in our area.

Is there such a thing as a post editable by more than just the OP or a moderator?

Then a post could be started where all of the calibrators put there info in, say, by order of zip code.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz /forum/post/17836862

It's great to have this info, but it's inconvenient to search the thread for someone in our area.

Here is an AVS List of active Calibrators (2nd Post by State) and the ISF Master Database Here

·
Registered
9,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_eight /forum/post/17890577

how much do you charge on average to calibrate a crt hd widescreen tv?

My basic cal package on your primary scanrate for HD widescreen CRT RPTV tech is $485, but often both scanrates get done for an additional $285, total 770. No additional work needs to be done on the structural parts of the cal for those sets that convert the 480 to 540p before it ever hits the screen, so in those cases only part of the additional 285 would need to come into play.

There are extras, which I highly recommend and would be glad to discuss directly.

No pms please, for that further info. Please contact me directly -

b

·
Registered
2,734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrong1186 /forum/post/17890694

Hello,

I am looking for am ISF calibrator serving the Philly/South Jersey area. I have a 46'' Panny PZ85u

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I will be there at the end of the month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pat Bradley

Video Calibration & Consulting

"High Fidelity Video since 1994"

HDTVGuy.com 612-202-3355 c
[email protected]

ISF Instructor / Calibrator serving the world's need for good video pictures from within the 'Greater Metropolitan Mosquito Control District'.

From CRT to LED, projector to panel, I am equipped for all types of imaging technologies, too fussy for my own good (which works well for clients) and 1/2 hour from a major hub airport for fast response to your video emergency!

Photo Research PR-670, Sencore VP-403CSH, CalMan Professional, TVS-Pro (old-school comparator)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have had the great honor of working with Pat Bradley at Runco CES & CEDIA exhibits and dealer events many times over the years and can attest that there's no one within our ISF calibrator ranks who is more well-respected, qualified or dedicated to making great pictures than Pat. Very, very highly recommended (please, just stay out of the lower Hudson Valley, the rest of the video world is yours!
)

1461 - 1480 of 4814 Posts