AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in the perspective of those who have performed ISF calibrations on both the Sony SXRD (50A2000) and the Pioneer 5070 plasma. Which do you think had the better SD picture? Also, same question for better HD picture?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Opinions will vary on this. These are 2 totally different display technologies. My view has always been that, al else being equal, a direct-view display offers the potential for better performance than rear projection, which is hampered somewhat by a folded light path and extremely high-gain screen.

The Sony certainly has better blacks and higher resolution, but in my opinion it just can't beat the razor sharp, looking-through-a-window quality of this and other good plasmas.

·
Registered
351 Posts

Quote:
have performed ISF calibrations on both the Sony SXRD (50A2000) and the Pioneer 5070 plasma. Which do you think had the better SD picture?

In a perfect world after calibration, the point of which is to standardize performance accurately, both should be the same. Inherent limitations, black levels for example, are nearly moot with perhaps a slight edge towards the plasma. HD should give the same results.

Good Viewing,

Doug k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.