AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, new member here.

I am planning to purchase a 60-Inch Pioneer Elite Kuro (Pro-151FD) in the near future and a new receiver. The receiver I was leaning towards is the Onkyo TX-SR876, which I noticed has ISF calibration options itself.

I have two questions:

1) With the Onkyo's ISF calibration controls, would there be any advantage to the Elite Kuro (with ISFccc) over the regular Kuro (without ISFccc) ?

2) If I have the Elite Kuro and the TX-SR876, will there be any issues with both having the calibration options? I assume I can just ignore the video calibration options on the receiver and calibrate everything on the Kuro?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
greetings

use the tv first. The ISF cal on the TV gives you advantages over doing it in the user menu alone. The onkyo won't be able to overcome this.

ISF modes are really just place holders for settings so that people don't mess things up by accident.

regards

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The ISF modes in the Onkyo come into play if you want to feed all the sources into the onkyo first ... and have it function as a switcher too.

If you feed one hdmi into the Pioneer ... it's not like it has 100 memories for every one of your devices on one input. It doesn't. The ISF on the Pioneer will give you 3 memories although one is not fully usable (ISF Auto).

So if all your gear ... say 3 DVD player and a satellite and cable box all need slightly different settings, you are hooped if you only use the TV ISF portion. The Onkyo ISF part helps you out there.

regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't thought about running out of differerent settings for different devices.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Oh okay forgive me there ...depends on how you configure it.

regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts