AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you get a reply, or if anyone knows, I'd be interested in what this service costs? I'm in the boston area, but I would assume (yea, I know) the costs would be comparable.

Is this more important for a projection style unit than a direct view unit? Mine is a direct view.

thanks

·
Registered
614 Posts
In Boston, I would call Jim Doolittle, none better. 781-891-7714. I think the current price for a RPTV is $500. Well worth the price. I also tell friends that dollar for dollar it is the best AV $ I have have spent. Jim does drive quite a ways and might service Albany, especially if you can get another one or two for him to do.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I live in CT. and had Eli at Avical calibrate my RPTV set. He does excellent work. He is located in North N.J. He has a web site www.avical.com. Since he came to Ct. you may be able to get him to go to albany. I will have him come back in a year to recalibrate my set. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can anyone give me a definition of exactly what is involved in an ISF cal? Is it video only? Audio and video? I would assume a calibration might mean having to open the case on my monitor? Yes? No? Just what happens when you get calibrated? What are the steps that take place.

Sorry if these are dumb newbie ?'s

tia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.