AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting an RPTV soon, and it seems like calibration by an ISF-certified technician is a must if you want the best image quality the RPTV can provide.

I want to find out how much this calibration would cost, so I'm looking to find an ISF-certified technician in my area. I went to the ISF website and did a search for an ISF-trained dealer (couldn't find a search for "technician"), and found lots in my area.

My question is - is this the way to find a technician who can do the full calibration on an RPTV? The search results on the website mention that some of these deals have an ISF Optical Comparator and Color Analyzer, but that's all the information they mention. If I call these dealers up, what specific questions should I ask about their technicians? Is there an ISF qualification certificate that they should hold, or a specific set of tests and calibrations they should be able to carry out?

thanks for any help,

edaly

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Strangely enough, to learn more about ISF calibration, you should visit the keohi.com/keohihdtv site. There is a lot of practical information there about the costs and the things you might want to consider asking your potential calibrator before shelling out the green.

And of course having the proper equipment is an absolute must.

Regards

------------------

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

·
Registered
28 Posts
I live in Seattle (which isn't too far from Vancouver) and also need my RPTV ISFd. Perhaps others in this area will surface, and together we could bring out one of the technicians recommended by the keohi site. I've read favoarable posts from many of Michael's and Richard's customers (didn't look for customer posts from any of the other recommended techs, but I imagine I'd find them too).

------------------

----------

tango

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its been about 5 years since I've used an ISF Tech (and that was to calibrate a direct view set), but I am under the impression that ISF has a set rate for calibrating your TV depending on whether its Direct View, RP or FP. Therefore, if my memory is correct and nothing's changed, all ISF Techs should have the same rate for your calibration.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for all the info guys. I'll check out Keohi's site (which I knew about, just hadn't explored enough yet), and report my results here.

edaly

·
Registered
884 Posts
To what extent can you gain the benefits from ISF calibration yourself with the Avia Video Essentials disk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.