AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been researching new AV Receivers and holy crap have things change in the last 13yrs.

I'm trying to stay under $500 and I've found deals on the following that would allow me to do so. I haven't kept up with AV technology in a while.

So my short list is as follows in no particular order

Sony DN1050
Onkyo NR636
Marantz SR5009
Yamaha RX-V777BT
Denon AVR-X2100W

For the Onkyo I like that it is Dolby Atmos and HDMI2.0 , in a sense future proof the purchase for a while.
Yamaha another HDMI2.0

As far as functionality they are all very similar to each other.

Overall I just really don't know who makes the better product. Any help and a push in the right direction would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
93,271 Posts
All these units are actually HDMI 2.0, although which you choose will depend on the features/inputs/outputs you want. The Denon X2100W is on clearance now and uses the more advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT with a 3 year warranty and if purchased from us at AVScience comes with a free Denon HEOS Link (MSRP $349) which would allow you to stream audio to a non-networking AVR. Please call for pricing and additional questions.

·
Registered
542 Posts
In that price range, the Sony DN1060 should be out this month and cost around $599. It won't have Atmos though.

So i've been researching new AV Receivers and holy crap have things change in the last 13yrs.

I'm trying to stay under $500 and I've found deals on the following that would allow me to do so. I haven't kept up with AV technology in a while.

So my short list is as follows in no particular order

Sony DN1050
Onkyo NR636
Marantz SR5009
Yamaha RX-V777BT
Denon AVR-X2100W

For the Onkyo I like that it is Dolby Atmos and HDMI2.0 , in a sense future proof the purchase for a while.
Yamaha another HDMI2.0

As far as functionality they are all very similar to each other.

Overall I just really don't know who makes the better product. Any help and a push in the right direction would be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts