AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i can mount and play my .iso's manually but i am having absolutely no luck in WMC or MB

also one of my .iso's will not play at all

when i try to play I am legend

I get this error:

CyberLink PowerDVD does not support Blu-ray disk playback on a virtual device. A blue-ray disc must be inserted into a BD-rom drive for playback.

i use

powerdvd ver 7.3

slysoft

anydvd

clownbd

virtual clone

media center/media browser plugin

i put the settings in my media browser configuration wizard for the vitural clone

what else do i need to do

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok can i just use that setting on all of my bd rips? or will i run into any problems with that?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 /forum/post/16980211

ok can i just use that setting on all of my bd rips? or will i run into any problems with that?

Well, first of all, WMC does not have the capability to play BDs (but I guess you already know that).

Secondly, MB can only launch a player for a specific file type. So when you select a movie from MB it sees a ISO file and (correctly) mounts it. After the movie is mounted, MB can't do anything.

You have two possibilities:

[1] Rip your collection in folder structure and not ISOs. Get a player that will play BDs from folder (possibly TMT, PowerDVD doesn't do that).

[2] Keep PowerDVD open at all times (and set to play automatically upon insertion of disc) --OR-- set it as "Default Player" under Windows. This way when you mount the image through MB, Windows sees the mounted ISO as a disc and will launch PowerDVD.

I used to do it that way; but now I do this. I like this way much better since it allows me to 'Open' as well as 'Close' PowerDVD with a MCE Remote at will.

Regarding your ISO problem with IAL; what version of AnyDVD do you have?

If its an older version it may not have the reqd. 'breakage' for IAL. To get around it, rip it with protection and hope that your player is updated enough to play it (it worked for me with Slumdog Millionaire).

The reason is that when newer discs are released, AnyDVD might not be up to date (its usually fixed within a week or so).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when you say "folder" do you mean put the .iso in a folder? or are you speaking of a different type of format? like mkv or something

does tmt3 play .iso?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 /forum/post/16980789

when you say "folder" do you mean put the .iso in a folder? or are you speaking of a different type of format? like mkv or something

does tmt3 play .iso?

Folder as in Folder Structure. FS is what you see when you browse/explore the disc.

DVD FS is -

AUDIO_TS

VIDEO_TS

Blu-Ray FS is -

AUXDATA

BACKUP

BDJO

CLPINF

JAR

META

PLAYLIST

STREAM

So when you use MB, (I assume each movie is in its own folder) and you click 'Play', MB checks whats inside that folder. If it sees a DVD FS, it will play it in MC. If it sees a BD FS it will launch your BD player (if you have set it up). Now after your player has launched, it is up to the player to play it from the folders. PowerDVD will not do that. Only TMT used to be able to do that.

If MB sees an ISO file, it will mount it, no matter what's in the ISO file. MB is not concerned with the contents of the ISO. And after the file is mounted, you can see it in My Computer as a disc. But there is no way of playing this mounted disc through MB.

So you have to launch PowerDVD after you use MB to mount the ISO. And there are two ways to do it (refer above post).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh i see.

well i downloaded TMT3 and it looks awesome! it plays my ISO file of I Am legend. now when i set up my MB and click on my BD iso will it auto mount and attempt to play with TMT3?

or do i have to manually mount each time i want something to play and then go into WMC and hit play bd

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 /forum/post/16980971

ahhh i see.

well i downloaded TMT3 and it looks awesome! it plays my ISO file of I Am legend. now when i set up my MB and click on my BD iso will it auto mount and attempt to play with TMT3?

or do i have to manually mount each time i want something to play and then go into WMC and hit play bd

Any BD software player will play a mounted ISO. That's not what sets TMT apart. TMT has/had the capability to play the BD folders directly from the hard drive as well as, has Media Center integration. By folders, I mean, you rip your discs as they are and not as an ISO. The ISO workaround is required since the players will not play a disc that is not inserted in the drive (to prevent piracy of course).

If you buy TMT (which can play from folders), then you would do this:

Set up TMT as an (external) player of Blu-Ray in Media Browser.

Rip your movie in folder structure.

Catalogue your collection in MB.

Now, when you select a movie from MB and click 'Play' it will launch TMT to play the movie.

I don't know how the TMT intergration works since I've never tried it.

As I said, I created custom launch buttons in Media Center to launch PowerDVD after MB has mounted it. Three extra clicks on the remote, but I can do everything from the couch, including closing PowerDVD whenever I am done.

I don't want to spend more money on software players.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so to rip as a folder with anydvd i click rip to hard disk? and then thats the format called "folder"?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep it is.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirent /forum/post/16981080

Any BD software player will play a mounted ISO.

Only true if the entire structure is intact. PDVD is very picky about this. Lots of my isos won't play on it, so I use TMT3 until Slyplayer comes.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb /forum/post/16986585

Only true if the entire structure is intact. PDVD is very picky about this. Lots of my isos won't play on it, so I use TMT3 until Slyplayer comes.

You are right.

But I meant it in context of the previous posts; BD ISOs.

OP was trying to get MB to play his/her ISOs, which will never work. Hence, my reference to any player able to play mounted BD ISOs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i downloaded tmt3 platinum and it plays my bd's in folder playback within MB

everything is working perfect now.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 /forum/post/16980149

ok i can mount and play my .iso's manually but i am having absolutely no luck in WMC or MB

also one of my .iso's will not play at all

when i try to play I am legend

I get this error:

CyberLink PowerDVD does not support Blu-ray disk playback on a virtual device. A blue-ray disc must be inserted into a BD-rom drive for playback.

i use

powerdvd ver 7.3

slysoft

anydvd

clownbd

virtual clone

media center/media browser plugin

i put the settings in my media browser configuration wizard for the vitural clone

what else do i need to do

You shouldn't have todo anything else.

I have no issues with the same exact setup, MB, W7 and it opening my iso's.

But, every now and then I get that error message to from Powerdvd, I do it again and it works fine. Just seems like some weird bug that pops up every now and then.

I find it easier to uncheck autostart for anydvd or not having anydvd run when I'm playing/watching movies, only for copying them.

Have you tried the process again? Have you tried it manually? Or with other movies?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.