AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just made some updates and changes to my home entertainment equipment, have also moved since then and the layout so my equipment, room space and layout are all different now.

I have a new Onkyo 705 receiver, and am using it with my Klipsch RF 35 front towers (big and tall), a RC3 center (big and wide), a ksw15 sub (think end table) and 4 quintets (small) for the full 7.1 sound.

This thing shakes the pictures on the walls and sounds awesome but the problem is the room layout is totally different here and I added a pull down projector screen vs the old regular tv where speakers stood to the sides and center channel sat on top of the tv etc.

The problem is space, the projector screen is in front of a fireplace, and the towers are on left and right of fireplace and center channel (for now) is sitting on the front bottom area (we dont use the fireplace) but when the screen is pulled down the screen blocks the two front towers about 40% and of course the center channel doesn't look too good on the base of the fireplace either.

Surrounds and sub no issues, sound good and could still keep them there, but thinking of maybe changing things up to add some different speakers for fronts and centers, but hate to loose the awesome sound I have now going on with these RF35 towers and that RC3 center.

I did try in 5.1 mode to swap out the two front RF35's with 2 of my quintets, even after adjusting the onkyo for different sized speakers etc, wow what a loss of sound it was
As for center channel, i know the RC3 isnt a perfect match for the RF35's yet to me it sounded good, just hate to loose as much as I did by trying those quintets in place of the RF35's....

I am even thinking of just totally swapping out the full 7.1 speaker kit, but the main thing I am thinking/needing is smaller main fronts and smaller center channel (yet still desire good sound).

Budget I think I am in the $500-$1000 range could go a bit over if I get a whole new 7.1 setup (and sell some of the current stuff to make up the difference) and again I could still usethe ksw15 sub and the 4 quintets as my side and rear surrounds, those are in places it wont matter size wise (behind couch and the quintets are small so they go anywhere).

Just looking for recommendations for replacing the two fronts (maybe bookshelf size or less) and I need something smaller than the RC3 center as its too big to wall mount over the screen yet looks dumb on the floor in front of fireplace (wife hates it there). Mantle would be perfect but again the screen is in the way if I do that so im sorta limited to just above the screen which is about a 8-10 inch tall wall space maximum (width no issues).

As for the two front sides, I could mount those on the walls above and to the sides of the screen, just floorspace wise and room path wise I can't stick the big RF35 towers in that same location due to walking paths.

So any recommendations to enhance the current Klipsch setup new fronts and center that are good sounding but smaller, that would still work within my current ksw 15 and 4 rear quintet surrounds, or maybe even swapping the whole kit out with a new 7.1 speaker setup in the 500-1000 range budget wise.

Thanks for any suggestions or input,

Bill

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno /forum/post/12987670

Are you looking for something that's ISO 9001 certified?

I will admit I have been out of the loop in home theater for a good 7-8 yrs now, but am not really familiar with the ISO 9001 certified stuff?

I would guess my current ksw15 and 4 quintets I am using arent iso 9001 certified, but hooked into my 7.1 onkyo 705 receiver they sure do sound good with my rc3 center and rf35 fronts, mainly was looking for a replacement of the fronts and center that I could mount on the wall due to floor space issues with the current towers and whatnot...

Sorry for my inexperience of not knowing about certifications and such...

Bill

·
Premium Member
7,060 Posts
Your title was ISO so I assumed you were talking about some sort of ISO certification? I guess I was wrong. I'm not up on all these texting acronyms, I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts