AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching recorded TV on the Media Center PC has been a bit of an issue. I have to pump up the sound for 5.1 HD recordings. That's not such a big deal, but when I do the commercial skip, I get the very loud commercial sound in between skips. I know some of you will say just use the volume button, but that's pretty annoying.

Anyone figure how to "equalized" 5.1 vs Stereo sound? I'm just using the TV for day to day viewing so it's really 5.1 downmixed to stereo that's causing the issue.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I don't think there's much you can do in WMC to fix this. Check to see if your receiver has a sound normalization mode, sometimes called "night mode". Most receivers have something like this, and it will solve your problem.

If yours doesn't, you can try turning up the center channel and turning down the right and left channels a bit. It's not as good as normalization, but with the center channel higher, you won't have to crank the overall volume to hear the dialog in 5.1 mode, and the stereo commercials won't be quite as jarring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts