AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just set everything up with this new remote.

i am having one problem though.....when i push watch tv everything turns on just fine including the onkyo a/v rcvr. but when i hit "off" everything turns off except the a/v rcvr.

i used the help feature the remote and got caught in an infinite loop of questions: "is it fixed now?" no "how about now?" no "is it .....etc

so i go back to the website and try to "learn" the command from my onkyo remote.

well at this point on the remote, i hit the device button, select stereo rcvr, then in the options first page there is on, off...well those don't work.

but if i arrow through the menus to like page 7 i see "power on, power off" ....well those work!!.....but its annoying.

so basically the main off button turns off the tv, sat rcvr, but not the onkyo....yet i can turn the onkyo off by going into devices, stereo rcvr, scroll to page 7, power off.

lil help ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Onkyo receivers have used discrete buttons for on and standby for as long as I can remember. Most people would kill for discrete on/off buttons, but some like the convenience of one button, which is your preference.

You will have to make two macros, one to turn everything on, and one to turn everything off. They can be identical except for the Onkyo commands.

I am not familiar with the 880, but when you scroll through the menus, if there is a button for on and another one for standby, I would assume you can use each of these in a macro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.