AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran all the tests and got everything tuned (what seems) correctly except for contrast.

I have a BenQ W1070, light controlled room, and painted the screen on the wall. I'll have to look it up, but it was the most neutral grey sherwin williams paint.

When I do the contrast test, I never see the other set of bars. I only see one set. No matter what extreme I go to. Does that mean my brightness is too high? When I do the advanced tests I see the stars and lowest percentages just fine.

This is more just curiosity than concern. Images look fantastic, but just want to know to cure my own ignorance.....

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
In the menus for the BenQ W1070 there is an HDMI setting you need to change to allow WTW and BTB content to pass. I can't recall the name of it off-hand,but if you search for it and change it, then you'll see the bars. I believe it's on Auto by default.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes  /t/1468725/issue-with-disney-wow-calib-disc#post_23221377

I think the disk explains what to do if your player or display won't show the Whiter than White bars..

I am having this same issue with an Panasonic 60ST60 and a samsung BD c5500.. I can not get the contrast to show the bars or stars no matter what I do. ive posted the full detail in the plasma display forum..

Where does it tell you what to do? I looked for that. I cant seem to locate anything.. (im sure I just missed it)

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have just bough thte Disney WOW disc and my TV cannot see the contrast white bars or the stars when the brightness is turned all the way up.

any help> I am very new to this but learning.

I have a Samsung 6400

ta

Jo

·
Registered
10,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stokes  /t/1468725/issue-with-disney-wow-calib-disc#post_24065779

I have just bough thte Disney WOW disc and my TV cannot see the contrast white bars or the stars when the brightness is turned all the way up.

any help> I am very new to this but learning.

I have a Samsung 6400

ta

Jo

With Brightness control you set the Black Level, with Contrast Control the White Level, reduce you contrast to see more flashing stars/bars, you are experiencing now White Clipping. Also watch the tutorial videos of your WOW.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Usually the hdmi level not being set the same, the display AND the playback have to be set the same level. I made this mistake. My samsung is set to normal (full range) and so is my xbox one, sounds obvious I know. Setting your display to hdmi level low and your playback system to limited should make it more visible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts