AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this rockets 750 in the main, infact their whole package for a 5.1 setup with a svs subwoofer. I have the outlaw 950 for the processor and a B&K amp ( 5 x 200w ) for the the amp.

I have had these for about a month and am a liittle concerned, It seems to do a good job in the low and mid frequencies but anytime it goes high, sometimes I hear a sort of crackling sound but not always, but in any case ( like the norah jones cd ) , any time she goes high the speakers sound very harsh. In general any time I hear at about 75 or 76 db, it really sounds like the speakers are being stressed, and coming out little harsh.

Has anybody seen this ? Any ideas on what I could do ?

I will be calling av123 but needed to know if anybody else hears what I do.

thx

ajoy

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There has been a lot of discussion on the net about some distortion on the Norah Jones CD. If it's happening with most or all of your CD's though, it's definitely not normal. I'd give the AV123 people a call if that's the case.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
That definitely doesn't sound right to me. Have you checked to make sure all your drivers are tight? A couple of people have reported their drivers coming loose. I believe they are held by torx screws. Does the distortion come from both speakers or can you localize it to a specific driver? Definitely give AV123 a call.

Tom

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ajoy
I have this rockets 750 in the main, infact their whole package for a 5.1 setup with a svs subwoofer. I have the outlaw 950 for the processor and a B&K amp ( 5 x 200w ) for the the amp.

I have had these for about a month and am a liittle concerned, It seems to do a good job in the low and mid frequencies but anytime it goes high, sometimes I hear a sort of crackling sound but not always, but in any case ( like the norah jones cd ) , any time she goes high the speakers sound very harsh. In general any time I hear at about 75 or 76 db, it really sounds like the speakers are being stressed, and coming out little harsh.

Has anybody seen this ? Any ideas on what I could do ?

I will be calling av123 but needed to know if anybody else hears what I do.

thx

ajoy
Please do call us ajoy... I'm worried to hear this...

This behavior is not normal at all... so please do get in touch...

I'm in Seoul, So. Korea at the moment... and if you PM me or e-mail me your telephone number I'll call you myself when I wake up...

[email protected]**********

Thanks... and I'm awfully sorry to hear about this... BTW... have you noticed this behavior on other material...

All the best... (and worried)

mls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.