AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody:

First of all, this is an awesome forum. Thanks for everybody who's contributing. And this is going to be my very first thread/post.

Ok, I bought a Panasonic TC-P50S1 TV and going to hook up my all-in-one Panasonic audio system (bought 2007) via HDMI. So with this configuration I can watch movies while listing to audio via my audio system + TV. I'm clear with that part.

Now comes to XBOX, I'm going to hook my XBOX via an HDMI cable to TV. With this configuration, I can play games while listing to audio via TV. Why? because I don't have any audio line going back to my audio system.

So I though if I can run the audio out of my TV to AUX port (red/white analog) of my audio system, I can enjoy both XBOX and regular TV audio via my audio system. This is where my question pops up. This S1 TV only comes with Optical audio out and my audio system does not have an optical in, it only has a regular red/white aux in. Do you guys know what can I do now? is there any some sort of converter available in Monoproce of eForeCity, etc ... ? I'm kinda stuck here.

Sorry about the long post, and thank you everyone for contributing.

Note: Is TosLink and this S1 TV's optical out are the same?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Toslink is the official name for the optical output on any A/V equipment....it was first used by Toshiba, then they allowed it to be used royality free by other manufacturers.

Try running Toslink optical from your xBox to the a/v receiver and HDMI to the TV

·
Registered
29,106 Posts

Quote:
Try running Toslink optical from your xBox to the a/v receiver and HDMI to the TV

He just said his a/v receiver doesn't have an optical in so that wont work!

If your Xbox has standard red/white audio outputs you can run those to your A/V receiver and still the HDMI connected to the TV.

Honestly, its time for a better a/v receiver. One with more connectivity options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys. and yes, since my a/v does not have a optical-in suggestion #1 will not work.

however yes, running red/white lines from xbox to a/v aux in will work. so i can enjoy gaming through my receiver. only thing im gonna miss is regular tv audio out of my receiver ... hmm maybe i can try living without it. shouldn't be an issue.

damn, yeah its time for a new receiver with more options. this is what happens when you cheap out. damn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.