AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Simpleshare NAS and I am trying to stream videos that streamed just fine from my PC to my XBMC. I use DVD Shrink to create ISO images. Prior to using the NAS I stored all of my ISOs on a Win XP SP2 machine and used Samba share to stream the videos to the XMBC over a wired network. I have copied over a couple of the ISOs to my new NAS and now when I stream I get slightly choppy video with quite a bit of sporadic pixelization.

Is there something I need to tweak in my network settings to improve the streaming from the NAS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macollin2 /forum/post/0

I recently purchased a Simpleshare NAS and I am trying to stream videos that streamed just fine from my PC to my XBMC. I use DVD Shrink to create ISO images. Prior to using the NAS I stored all of my ISOs on a Win XP SP2 machine and used Samba share to stream the videos to the XMBC over a wired network. I have copied over a couple of the ISOs to my new NAS and now when I stream I get slightly choppy video with quite a bit of sporadic pixelization.

Is there something I need to tweak in my network settings to improve the streaming from the NAS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt

I would call simpletech and find out why there nas is so slow...

Even my buffalo nas can do 3 streams at the same time...

Sean

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Before calling Simpleshare I would like to make sure the latency is occuring at the NAS. Does anyone know of a way I can hook the NAS directly to the Xbox?

I am starting to think this may be a router issue, so I would like to eliminate that from the equation.

Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macollin2 /forum/post/0

Thanks for the reply. Before calling Simpleshare I would like to make sure the latency is occuring at the NAS. Does anyone know of a way I can hook the NAS directly to the Xbox?

I am starting to think this may be a router issue, so I would like to eliminate that from the equation.

Thanks.

Matt

if it worked with the PC connected to the same network. Its unlikely that the router/switch/hub is the issue. you might try changing cables but you said it worked fine. you changed 1 variable PC to NAS. Chances are your NAS is the issue...

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.