AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have issues with my Samsung Txl2091F Television. The set seems to have issues with handling a pure black single. For example, during the end of the movie during credits, when there is white text on a black background the blacks are perfect, but when there is a pure black screen it appears as a dark gray. I fed the set a 0 and 7.5 IRE signal from my digital editing system, and indeed it appears gray. The set seems to have a problem displaying black when there is a lack of contrast in the image, this problem also seems more profound when I put the set into 16x9 mode. I went into the Service menu and tried to adjust the black level settings, but all this did was darken the image. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Sounds like the Scan Velocity Modulation acting up, high contrast could do it. Why don't you take a look at the webpage in my URL signature, he's got some goodies in there for most major brands.:)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried tweaking the Velocity Modulation, but it did not clear up the problem--It seems to be an issue when there is low contrast, not high contrast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.