AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put an Edge into the system. I first set its output on Auto but was having big problems with lines and tons of colored dots with all sources. Now its on 1080p output and the BR works great (oppo 80 with native). But, the Directv HR-20 has a weird problem. Picture looks good but the movements of the people on screen are kind of robotic for want of a better term. Its not like the video feed is visibly jerky but the movements are not smooth. I thought I was imagining it until my wife raised the issue independently.

Everything is hdmi connected - no hr-20 problems through component direct to TV

Any suggestions on how to fix this - or even what to call the problem if/when I call for support after the weekend?

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Every time I see something like what you seem to be describing on mine it's because I've forgotten to reset the frame rate from 24 back to 59.whatever after watching a BR.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - but to show my ignorance I'm not even sure what you are talking about. Is there a separate frames setting in the Edge? maybe its back to the owners manual for me!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I found the setting for 1:1 frame and it fixed the jerkiness. BUT, it causes the picture to have multicolored dots everywhere and some lines - the same effect happens when I set output to auto. I think these are two separate problems - the dots/lines and the jerkiness - but setting output to 1080/24 fixes the dots and causes the jerkiness - and setting 1:1 frame recauses the dots

Please let me know if you have any ideas on this

thx

·
Registered
242 Posts
I guess that the other element in the equation is the frame rate capabilities of the TV. I'd work to find some working baseline (like setting everything - player, edge, TV) to regular NTSC 60 Hz (59.97) and see if any of the problems are present. If that works, then at least you have a 'go to' setting that you can alway fall back on. Then begin working through the possibilities w/ 24 Hz source material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts